Regional Account Manager – New York/New Jersey
Posted DateSeptember 26, 2019
The Region Account Manager will have full account responsibility and business ownership for assigned Regional Accounts to establish and grow HEPLISAV-B sales.
In addition, the Region Account manager will assist the Region Business Director in support of a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to large and mid-size integrated delivery networks/systems as well as large group practices, County Health Departments, DOD, DOC, and Independent customer types. This position will be field based.
• Responsible for achieving sales targets and owning/managing customer relationships for assigned top Regional Accounts. Assigned accounts will include large IDNs, State Departments of Health, DOD, DOC facilities and Occupational Health Clinics.
• Partner with Region Business Director to execute sales & marketing strategies to support HEPLISAV-B adoption within assigned Region Accounts.
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders who influence system wide purchasing decisions, including committee members.
• Ensure effective top down and bottom up account management to influence positive purchasing outcomes for HEPLISAV-B.
• Support the Account Manager (AM) team through individual and team based peer coaching (both in person and remotely).
• Develop and communicate effective account plans and monitor progress toward those plans.
• Responsible for understanding market dynamics and customer business models to identify opportunities and develop strategies and tactics across the accounts in their respective region.
• Exercise sound judgement and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
• Foster Dynavax core values and leadership behaviors.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Medical Sciences, Marketing, or Business from an accredited institution
• Strategic account management experience as well as some level of management experience preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of consistent sales and growth success along with superb account management skills.
• Previous industry sales and/or marketing (account based experience preferred) with a high degree of learning agility.
• Knowledge of large health systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills.
• Ability to drive business results and identify new opportunities and strategies through strategic thinking and business planning.
• Understanding of organization and strategic objectives; Mastery of selling skills including Marketplace and account based selling.
• Experience in Matrix Management, Change Advocate.
• Heavy travel required ~50%.
• Key Competencies: Accountability, Peer Leadership, Customer Engagement, Customer Discovery, Business Acumen, Executional Effectiveness.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Vaccine and retail pharmacy experience highly preferred
• C-suite leadership and account management experience within IDNs and Hospitals is highly preferred