Sr. Marketing Manager/Associate Director, Marketing
Posted DateOctober 4, 2019
This position will plan, develop, and implement promotional activities across targeted customer segments to support commercial product(s).
The Senior Marketing Manager will contribute to the development and implementation of key programs for the HEPLISAV-B brand, including:
- Support all Professional, Institutional and Retail promotional strategy development for the brand.
- Assist in all aspects of the brand including strategy, tactical implementation, and messaging to help drive profitability.
- Develop personal and non-personal resources and materials to support the adoption within various customer segments such as IDNs, Retail Pharmacy, Public Clinics and Hospitals.
- Measure, monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of marketing programs to key stakeholders in order to inform investment decisions.
- Collaborate with sales and access teams to ensure alignment with strategic objectives, training on core materials, messaging, and pull-through.
- Manage OPDP (Office of Prescription Drug Promotion) submission strategy through partnering with legal and regulatory counterparts.
- Partner with promotional review board members to ensure efficient PRC (Promotional Review Committee) team operation and compliant promotional tactics.
- Effectively partner with creative agency to develop core positioning, messaging and innovative concept review to produce marketing materials.
- Participate in other brand-related planning and budgeting efforts including annual tactical plans, business reviews, etc. where applicable.
- Comply with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of Dynavax activities
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters respect, learning, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- The Senior Manager will have at least 3 years’ experience in product marketing and 3+ years’ field sales or thought leader management experience. The Associate Director will have at least 5 years’ experience in product marketing and 3+ years’ in field sales management, thought leader management in the pharmaceutical/biotech or other related industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage complex processes and initiatives.
- Experience and the desire to work within a fast-paced work environment.
- Must have proven ability to operate independently, be resourceful and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in segmentation, targeting, and positioning to successfully drive growth.
- Strong analytical and qualitative skills and ability to synthesize and integrate customer insights data, draw conclusion and implications, and translate into comprehensive strategies and business decision recommendations.
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the US legal-regulatory environment affecting appropriate promotional activities.
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals, for larger-scale product marketing organizations.
- Position requires 25% travel.