Senior Human Resources Representative
Posted DateOctober 22, 2019
The Senior Human Resources Representative is a key member of the HR team and provides foundational support for administering our employee benefit programs, providing recruitment / sourcing support, managing the employee life cycle from onboarding to offboarding, leading employee engagement activities such as the company’s community outreach program and employee events.
- Administer the Company’s benefit plans, including managing open enrollment and the Benefit Broker relationship,
- Onboarding – responsible for managing the new hire orientation schedule, providing the HR benefits overview and ensuring a successful first day of hire for new employees.
- Compliance – responsible for filing the 401(k) 5500, EEO reports, non-discrimination testing and other reporting requirements as required. Responsible for ensuring accuracy of employment law posters.
- Administer leave of absences in compliance with local, state and national laws.
- Reconcile and process benefit invoices for payment.
- Maintain employee personnel files and the file organization in the HR share drive.
- Administer required training programs as required including sexual harassment prevention training.
- Support Talent Acquisition with sourcing and recruitment as needed, assist with interview scheduling and management of the applicant tracking system.
- Administer the employee referral program and the tuition reimbursement program
- Manage the employee life cycle from onboarding to offboarding.
- Assist the HR Director with the resolution of employee relations issues as needed.
- Lead the employee Events Committee, the Community Outreach Committee, and the Health Benefits Fair.
- Provide HRIS support as needed.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business or other related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3 – 5 years of HR experience required.
- Good working knowledge of California and Federal employment labor laws
- Strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative work style with strong customer service orientation.
- Skilled in planning, organizing and managing workload and priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive data and maintain confidentiality.
- Skilled communicator with excellent listening skills. Ability to effectively communicate on complex issues.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ADP WFN HRIS system a plus.
- Previous experience administering benefit programs a plus